IOF is calling for applications to the 2014 IOF-SERVIER Young Investigator Research Grant.
The deadline for applications is November 15, 2013.
Grant applications can be downloaded here.
Valued at 40,000 Euros, the grant is to be awarded for a proposed project of original research of significant value in the field of osteoporosis. Financed by the generous support of SERVIER in partnership with the International Osteoporosis Foundation, the Fellowship was established to increase awareness and understanding of osteoporosis and to encourage young scientists (up to 40 years of age) to engage in high quality research. Ultimately, this grant should contribute to reducing the burden of osteoporosis, a major public health problem.
The proposed project must comprise original research of significant value and of international relevance within the field of osteoporosis. The project will be judged for its originality and feasibility by a jury of five voting members + a non-voting member designed by SERVIER and the candidates’ past achievements will also be taken into account. The project should be consistent with the main objectives of the IOF - to ensure that osteoporosis sufferers receive the best standard of care possible. The grant will be presented at the IOF-ESCEO14 Congress to be held in Seville, Spain, 2-5 April 2014. The winner will be informed at least 4 weeks prior to the congress and his/her travel and accommodation costs to the Congress will be covered.
- Applicants must be 40 years or younger (at the date of submission)
- Staff members of pharmaceutical companies are not eligible for the Fellowship
- The research project shall not be related to a pharmaceutical product
- There shall be no conflict of interest between SERVIER and the Grant winner
- Applicants will be required to fully disclose any significant financial interest relating to the projects proposed for the Fellowship.