The International Osteoporosis Foundation (IOF) supports research in the field of musculoskeletal health through a generous programme of grants and awards. We believe on-going research is essential to advancing the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of osteoporosis and bone, muscle and joint disorders.
IOF has the most diverse grants and awards programme in the field, acknowledging the work of experienced scientists, young investigators, as well as national societies producing high quality meetings.
IOF also promotes the work of national societies by supporting their attendance at the World Wide Conference of Patient Societies, the only venue where patient societies in the field of musculoskeletal health can come together to learn and share best practices.
For more information and to apply for grants and awards, follow the links below.
Scientific Grants and Awards
- IOF-Fonterra Bone Health Insights Research Grant
- IOF Medal of Achievement
- IOF-Servier Young Investigator Research Grant
- IOF Regionals Young Investigator Awards
- Pierre Delmas Prize: An ESCEO-IOF/Servier Achievement Award
- Herbert A. Fleisch ESCEO-IOF Medal
- Olof Johnell Science Award
- Young Investigator Outstanding Abstract Award