You are hereHome - IOF Regionals 4th Asia-Pacific Osteoporosis Meeting -
***Registration is open! Please follow the link for online registration.
Early-Bird Deadline: October 11, 2013
Pre-Registration: October 12 – December 11, 2013
On-Site: December 12 – 15, 2013
Registration Fees in American Dollars (USD) (as of February 2013 - subject to change)
October 11, 2013
October 12 – December 11, 2013
December 12 – 15, 2013
|World Bank non-high income nations3||425||500||600|
|Allied Health Professional4||300||375||475|
1For full definition of Registration Categories, please refer to the next paragraph.
2No pre-registration will be accepted after December 11, 2013. Registration On-Site will be available during the Meeting.
3Eligible World Bank non-high income nations: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, China, India, Indonesia, Democratic Republic of Korea, Kyrgyz Republic, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Maldives, Myanmar, Mongolia, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Vietnam.
4A certification and signature from either a mentor/supervisor verifying training/degree status or from an employer verifying paramedical/non-doctoral status must be included when registering.
5This badge includes admission to the Welcome Reception and Exhibition Area with lunches and coffee breaks but does not allow access to the Scientific Programme and Satellite Symposia.
The registration fee entitles the registered participant to the following:
- Admission to all Plenary Sessions, Meet-the-Expert Sessions, Satellite Symposia, Poster Sessions and Exhibition Area
- One copy of the Final Programme & Abstract Book
- A bag containing official Meeting material and a Meeting badge
- A Certificate of Attendance
- Friday and Saturday lunches (within Satellite Symposium)
- Opening Ceremony & Welcome Reception
- Tai Chi Session
The registration fees do not include:
- Airport transfers
- Local transportation to the Meeting venue
- Other meals & drinks
- Insurance & visa fees
Official Registration & Housing Bureau (MCI Suisse SA) at Iofhongkong2013.email@example.com
Registration Category Definitions
- Regular Participant – Those persons for which the definitions below are not applicable.
- IOF Member – The IOF member fee is available to all participants possessing an Individual or IOF Membership Pro2 membership.
- World Bank non-high income nations – A discounted rate is available for participants coming from one of those nations: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, China, India, Indonesia, Democratic Republic of Korea, Kyrgyz Republic, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Maldives, Myanmar, Mongolia, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Vietnam.
- Allied Health Professional – A certification and signature from their employer verifying their paramedical/non-doctoral status must be submitted when registering in order to qualify for this discount. These participants have the same entitlements as regular participants.
- Student/Fellow – (i) Those persons who are in training as a graduate (MSc/PhD) student or as a medical student or (ii) those persons who hold MD or PhD degrees and who are in residency or postgraduate fellowship programs. A certification and signature from their mentor/supervisor verifying their training/degree status must be submitted when registering. These participants have the same entitlements as regular participants.
- Registration-Complimentary IOF CNS – 2 free registrations for every member of the IOF Committee of National Societies (CNS). The IOF representative of each CNS member society will receive specific instructions. IOF leaves it to each society’s discretion as to how to allocate the free registrations.
- Accompanying Person – A badge for accompanying person(s) per registered participant may be requested at a nominal charge. This badge includes admission to the Welcome Reception and Exhibition Area with lunches and coffee breaks but does not allow access to the Scientific Programme and Satellite Symposia.
- Young Investigator Mentoring Programme participant – Applies to abstract submitters under the age of 40 having been accepted or invited to the programme after the abstract review ratings.
Confirmation of Registration
Upon completing the on-line registration, each participant will receive by email an automatically generated confirmation of registration. The registration becomes active only when full payment has reached the Official Registration and Housing Bureau (MCI Suisse SA) - whether by credit card or by bank transfer. Participants must bring this confirmation to the on-site pre-registration desks of the Meeting as proof of their registration.
Group Registrations and Discounts
- For information about group registration (minimum size of 10 participants), please contact the Official Registration and Housing Bureau (MCI Suisse SA) at Iofhongkong2013.firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that your group registration will not be confirmed until the official registration bureau has received your payment in full.
- Early-Bird discounted fee is applicable for the payments made by October 11, 2013 (with copy of the official bank transfer document). Pre-Registration fees are applicable for payments made by December 11, 2013 (with copy of the official bank transfer document). As of December 12, 2013, only the On-Site Registration fee is applied for all registrations.
- For smaller groups (between 2 and 10 participants), you can access directly the small group on-line module via www.iofbonehealth.org/hongkong-2013/registration.
|Registration packages in Swiss Francs||CHF|
|50 registrations||19 000.00|
|100 registrations||36 500.00|
|150 registrations||49 000.00|
|200 registrations||61 500.00|
All individual registration fees must be paid in advance in American Dollars (USD).
By credit card
Payment is accepted by VISA, MasterCard/Eurocard and/or American Express credit cards and can be done via the secured payment tool (the credit card provider will be datatrans) provided while registering on-line. Please note that your credit card will be debited in American Dollars (USD) and your monthly credit card statement will show your payment under MCI Suisse SA.
By bank transfer
The bank transfer payment has to be made in American Dollars (USD) including all bank transfer charges to the following account:
- Beneficiary Name: MCI Suisse SA
Rue de Lyon 75
CH-1211 Geneva 13, Switzerland
- Bank Name: UBS SA
35 rue des Noirettes
CH-1227 Carouge, Switzerland
Account Number: UBS USD: 240-369.393.61X
IBAN: CH19 0024 0240 3693 9361X
In order for your payment to be identified and traced correctly to your registration account, please indicate the following on your payment slip:
- your first and family name
- your registration number (mentioned on the attached invoice)
- "IOF Regional 4th Asia-Pacific Osteoporosis Meeting"
- "Free of charge for the receiver account" on all payments
*Please note that from November 4, 2013 only payment by credit card will be accepted.
This form of payment will only be accepted in American Dollars (USD) and on-site during the operation hours of registration desks. Payment by personal checks cannot be accepted.
Individual Badge Name Changes (Substitution of Registration)
An administrative fee of USD 55 per badge will be charged for a badge name change after October 11, 2013. Written permission from the original participant will be required, along with full contact details of the substitution.
Individual Cancellation & Refund Policies
Notification of cancellation and refund requests must be submitted in writing, preferably by e-mail, by October 11, 2013 to the Official Registration and Housing Bureau (MCI Suisse SA) at the contact details listed below. An administrative fee of 20% will be deducted from the total amount originally due/charged. All refunds will be made after the Meeting.
No refunds will be given for cancellations received after October 11, 2013.
All persons attending any function of the Meeting are kindly requested to wear their badges during all Meeting activities including Social Events and Exhibition. Entry will not be permitted without a badge.
Lost Badge / Forgotten Badge
In case of a lost or forgotten badge, an administrative fee of USD 55 will be charged for the reprint of the badge after verification of identification (passport, driving license or other recognized identification paper).
Certificate of Attendance
Certificates of Attendance will be available on request.
English will be the official Congress language.
Hong Kong SAR is visa free for citizens of many countries. You can find information on visa requirements of different nationalities from e.g. http://www.immd.gov.hk/en/services/hk-visas/visit-transit/visit-visa-entry-permit.html
Participants are strongly advised to make sure they fulfill all legal requirements to enter Hong Kong. Besides a valid passport (should be valid at least two months after departure from the country), an entry visa may also be required. Please visit the official website of the Hong Kong immigration website http://www.immd.gov.hk/en/contact-us.html to find out whether, depending on your citizenship, country of long-term residence, and the duration and reasons for your stay, you need a visa to enter. The tourist visa validity varies from nationality to nationality. Should you need an entry visa, you may apply for the appropriate visa or entry permit from the nearest Chinese diplomatic and consular mission.
As an alternative, you may also submit your visa or entry permit application to the HKSAR Immigration Department either directly by post or through a local sponsor. To shorten the processing time, application forms and supporting documents can be sent by fax to (852) 2824 1133 in the first instance. However, the original copy of the duly completed application form and the photographs required should be sent immediately to the HKSAR Immigration Department by air mail. A visa/entry permit will be issued only on receipt of an original, properly completed visa/entry permit application form.
If you are a Chinese resident of Taiwan, you should submit your application for an entry permit through one of the authorised airlines.
Visa Letter of Attestation
Attestation letters to assist in visa formalities are designed to help overcome administrative difficulties in certain countries. It must be understood that such letters do not imply any financial support or hosting arrangement from IOF, nor a guarantee of a visa being issued. The attestation letter to assist in visa formalities will only be sent on request and only to participants who have paid their registration fees in full.
Should you wish to receive a letter, please note that your request must be registered as early as possible by filling in the appropriate fields in the on-line registration form before October 11, 2013 in case it has not been requested at the time of registration.
It is important to us that you enjoy the IOF Regionals – 4th Asia-Pacific Osteoporosis Meeting. If, due to a disability, you have any special needs, please let us know and we will do our best to assist you.
Media/Press Accreditation and Registration
The IOF Regional 4th Asia-Pacific Osteoporosis Meeting will provide complimentary registration to qualifying journalists. In order to be granted a complimentary media badge, please provide vadid media credentials to email@example.com. Further information about required credentials can be found under http://www.iofbonehealth.org/hongkong-2013/media.
- Satellite Symposia Programme
- Abstract Submission
- Meeting Venue Information
- Practical Information
- About Hong Kong
- Hong Kong, Macau & China Tours
- Sponsorship and Exhibition
- Meeting Contacts
- Disclaimer, Liability and Insurance