You are hereHome - IOF Regionals - 3rd Asia-Pacific Osteoporosis Meeting -
Abstracts have been published in
Osteoporos Int Vol. 23 Suppl 7
Instructions for presenters:
Abstract Instructions in Brief
- Abstracts should be submitted in English using the IOF Regionals – 3rd Asia-Pacific Osteoporosis Meeting, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia 2012 Online Abstract Submission System or will not be accepted. See abstract rules and guidelines (PDF, 31.1 KB).
- Submission of an abstract constitutes a formal commitment by the presenting author to attend the conference and present the abstract if accepted.
- All submitting authors must consent, on behalf of all other authors, to the Declaration Statement (PDF, 20.1 KB) related to the abstract submission process.
- All submitting authors must disclose, on behalf of all other authors of the abstracts, any conflicts of interest during the online abstract submission or have their work refused at the discretion of the organising committee. All disclosures will be published in the Meeting Programme and Abstract book.
- IOF is not responsible for errors in the abstract submission. No corrections will be accepted after the abstract submission deadline.
- Abstracts may be edited or withdrawn prior to August 10, 2012, by going through the Online Abstract Submission System. However, they may not be withdrawn after August 10, 2012, unless a written acceptable explanation is sent by mail to the IOF Meeting Secretariat.
- All abstracts will be subjected to a blind review process by an international panel of recognised experts in the field and the highest ranked abstracts will be selected for oral presentations.
- Authors will be notified by e-mail from 3rd week of September 2012, if their abstract has been accepted and the date, time and form of their presentation. IOF does not correspond on the reasons of acceptance/rejection of an abstract.
- Instructions for oral presentation and poster preparation will be emailed to the submitting authors by the IOF Meeting Secretariat.
- IOF will not translate any abstract. It will be published if accepted as submitted in English on a supplement of Osteoporosis International.
IOF Young Investigator Awards For Top Abstracts
The International Osteoporosis Foundation (IOF) is dedicated to advancing scientific knowledge on osteoporosis, and in particular to encouraging young researchers in all parts of the world to focus on this important area of research. As a sign of this commitment, IOF is offering the presenting authors (40 years old or younger at the time of the Meeting) of the top five ranking abstracts submitted to the IOF Regionals - 3rd Asia-Pacific Osteoporosis Meeting an IOF Young Investigator Award. The recipients will be awarded USD 1,000 and will be invited to present their work at a special session on December 16, 2012.
IOF Young Investigator Mentoring Programme
A hands-on course for Young Scientists who will be invited and selected from the abstract authors. The course, which focuses on research, writing publications and delivering presentations, will be organized on Thursday, December 13, 2012.
Venue: KL Convention Centre, room 303: 08:00 – 16:30.
A travel grant and accommodation will be provided for winners living outside of Malaysia to help defray the cost of attendance.
CHAIRS: Prof. Ego Seeman, A/Prof Ambrish Mithal
FACULTY: Prof. John Kanis, Prof Cyrus Cooper, A/Prof Sarath Lekamwasam, Prof. Serge Ferrari, Prof. Peter Ebeling
A publication and media embargo is in force for each abstract to be presented at the IOF Regionals 3rd Asia-Pacific Osteoporosis Meeting, Kuala Lumpur 2012 and will be lifted one hour after the abstract has been presented. If study results are reported prior to the embargo date, the abstract is subject to penalties, including removal from the Meeting programme. This embargo policy covers all abstracts accepted as part of the IOF Regionals 3RD Asia-Pacific Osteoporosis Meeting, Kuala Lumpur 2012, regardless of whether information is obtained from another source.