IOF Regionals 6th Asia-Pacific Osteoporosis Meeting
Singapore, Singapore, November 4 - 6, 2016
The International Osteoporosis Foundation and the Endocrine and Metabolic Society of Singapore (EMSS) look forward to welcoming you to Singapore for the IOF Regionals 6th Asia-Pacific Osteoporosis Meeting taking place at the Singapore Convention & Exhibition Centre (Suntec) from November 4-6, 2016.
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION DEADLINE COMING SOON ON JUNE 24 !
Why should you attend?
Health professionals in the Asia-Pacific are facing a rapidly ageing population. If you’re a physician, clinical researcher or allied health professional this key regional event will help you learn how to…
- identify patients at imminent high risk of fracture and how to prevent secondary fractures
- manage and treat osteoporosis, including through knowledge of the latest drug treatments and nutritional recommendations
- manage patients post-fracture (including fracture healing, orthobiologics, rehabilitation etc)
- address sarcopenia in your elderly patients by learning about the latest nutritional and physical recommendations
- manage bone loss in diabetics, transplantation patients, and cancer patients
- and much more….
Meet-the-Expert sessions, ‘speed dating’ with the professors and an interactive exhibition area will give delegates the opportunity to discuss with world experts, learn about the latest products and services, and mingle with the colleagues from throughout the region. The Meeting will also be the premier venue for the presentation of new research in the field - especially for regional research: so plan to submit your abstract!
Who should attend?
The programme is of interest to a broad range of physicians and allied health professionals, including general practitioners and internists, rheumatologists, orthopaedic surgeons, endocrinologists, geriatricians, radiologists, pharmacists, rehabilitation specialists, physiotherapists, nutritionists, and orthpaedic nurses.
The learning objectives of the Meeting are to train medical professionals, allied health professionals and clinical researchers so that they are better equipped to handle the growing epidemic of musculoskeletal diseases. The programme provides a concise and practical overview of these diseases, including the latest advances in their prevention, diagnosis and treatment of osteoporosis and sarcopenia, fracture healing and rehabilitation. As well as the latest regional research, the programme includes current topics of specific clinical relevance to health professionals in the region.
Osteoporosis Essentials: Densitometry, Diagnosis and Management Course
Singapore, November 2-3, 2016
- Online registration
- Online abstract submission closes - June 24, 2016
- Early registration deadline - September 19, 2016