Progress in Osteoporosis (PIO) is a publication that helps readers keep up with new information and research developments by providing critical evaluation of the most important literature in the field of osteoporosis published in the preceding few months.
In this new issue of PIO, Professor Ego Seeman provides the following incisive reviews:
- Subtrochanteric fractures
- Osteosarcoma and PTH administration
- Zoledronic acid and vertebral rracture risk reduction in men
- Beta blockage as a protective factor
- The osteocyte: conductor of remodeling symphony for two
- Vitamin D: a little surprise
- PTH1-34 reduces vertebral and nonvertebral fractures: but what of hip fractures?
- The burden of nonvertebral fractures
The online journal also provides:
- Commentary option: we invite feedback by readers.
- Downloadable figures: Figures can be downloaded as PowerPoint slide for ease of use in your presentations.
Join our growing readership!
Instructions to access PIO* if you are not already a member:
• Click ‘Sign up’ on the top right hand corner of the IOF website at www.iofbonehealth.org
• Under ‘Choose your membership type’, tick on the ‘Free- $0.00 option
• Fill in your login details and personal details
• Complete the rest of the form and click ‘Create account’
*Please note that if you were registered previously on the former PIO website, you must now newly register as a free IOF member in order to access this journal on the IOF website