- The IOF vision is a world without fragility fractures, in which healthy mobility is a reality for all.
- To promote the maintenance of bone and musculoskeletal health as a worldwide priority
- To motivate people to take action to maintain musculoskeletal health and prevent, diagnose and treat bone, muscle and joint disorders
- To foster the education and training of physicians and allied health care professionals in the field of musculoskeletal health and bone, muscle and joint disorders
- To advocate for policy change so that musculoskeletal health and the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of bone, muscle and joint disorders becomes standard worldwide
- To promote medical innovation and to improve patient care in the field of musculoskeletal health
- To collaborate closely with institutions or societies having similar objectives